Wyoming Rugby Organization: Wyoming Women’s Rugby Major Scholarship
Two University of Wyoming Women’s rugby recipients are selected annually. Applicants must be new freshmen or transfer students who have played rugby for at least one full year prior to attending UW. Prerequisites for the scholarships: Please submit personal statement and a letter of recommendation from a previous coach. During the award period, the recipients must remain full-time undergraduates, play rugby at the University of Wyoming, and maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
Scopes: Payable $900/semester (fall/spring) payable to UW towards tuition/board/cost of play;
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2018; awards may be made at any time after the deadline.
- Your personal statement should be no longer than two pages, typed and double-spaced using 12-point type and one-inch margins.
- Do not submit additional pages as they will not be considered.
- Type the words “Personal Statement” at the top of each page, along with your first and last name.
- Clearly address the following three questions in sequential order, typing each question as it appears below. Type your response directly under each question.
- What role has the sport of rugby played in your life?
- What are your goals in rugby?
- What are your career goals (outside of rugby)?
Submit personal statement and letter of recommendation to email@example.com: First name, Last name, Date of enrollment at the University of Wyoming, and previous rugby club